Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bell's Palsy Update - Day 28

The muscles have been moving more each day. 
I can actually make a smile now (a little one).
Strangely I'm starting to feel the same numbness and pain I did when I first started having symptoms. It's almost like I'm going backwards in my symptoms. So, hopefully that means that it will be completely healed... soon.
My eyes are getting better too. It almost shuts completely when I close my eyes. I noticed my eyes are less dry and I use less of my artificial tears drops. I continue to use the ointment at night while sleeping. I've been able to close enough that I don't use it in the shower and I have no problems with shampoo in my eyes! whew! That was painful.
My lips still doesn't function 100%. It feels like it's the last muscles to come back. Everything else seems to come back sooner and healing faster. I still need to pinch the corners of my lips when I gargle after brushing my teeth. I do notice if I carefully gargle (very gently) I can keep the water in my mouth but of course, the point of gargling is to vigorously gargle. Then the water starts squirting out as usual.


My husband always got a kick out of my creepy eye that didn't close in the beginning!







No comments:

Post a Comment