Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Old Photos of my Family

I came across some old photos of my family back when there were no digital cameras or they weren't as readily available. This is probably one of the reasons I take so many photos. I have none of myself as a baby :(

This is me. We lived in a refugee camp in Thailand. There's a very interesting film about the history of the Iu Miens that were involved with the Vietnam War. My family was part of this. I was born after my family have settled in the refugee camps. We arrived in Sacramento, CA in 1984. I was only 4 years old. I was placed in kindergarten at 5 and had no knowledge of the English language. I can't imagine how frustrating that was for my teacher. 


These are photos of my family in Thailand 1983-84





My parents in Thailand


My mom. She's so beautiful.


Photos with my sisters in the U.S.



Photos of the girls with mom.



This was us in 2013. Only 1 nephew missing. The rest of us were there. Mom, Dad, 3 sons, 4 daughters, 14 grandchildren (16 now), and 6 daughter/son-in-laws. We need a new photo because 2 new members have been added since ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment