Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Bell's Palsy Update - 7 Months

I'm not sure what "day" it is but it's been 7 months and although I'm fine physically, I still feel soreness in my face. I don't really notice it until there's pressure such as when I wash my face or graze it moving my hair off my face... Yes. Even light pressure causes soreness. 

I ended up with a C-Section at 34 weeks.  The pain seemed worse after delivery. I spoke to my OB about the soreness and she said because I went through major surgery, it got worse. I'm not quite sure she knows what she's talking about only because when I first saw her about my condition, she admitted that she didn't know much about Bell's Palsy. *sigh* She said it will get better. It was almost like when a someone tells you a sad story and you don't know what to say and it seems that the comforting thing to say is "It will get better". Maybe it's just what we hope for... For things to get better. 

Anyway, that was a couple of months ago and it hasn't gotten better. In fact, I think my eye feels funny too. Well, at least it didn't get worse. For some reason, I think this is the best it will get. This will be the long term effects I have from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment